How to Create a Discord Channel on Android
This wikiHow teaches you how to create a new text or a voice chat channel on a Discord server, using Android. You need to have administrator privileges on a server to create a channel.
Edit10 Second Summary
1. Open the Discord app.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines.
3. Tap on a server icon.
4. Find TEXT CHANNELS or VOICE CHANNELS on the menu.
5. Tap the “+” icon.
6. Tap on the Channel Name field.
7. Enter a channel name.
8. Tap the white floppy disk button.
- Open the Discord app on your device. The Discord icon looks like a blue circle with a white game controller in it.
- Tap the three horizontal lines icon. This icon is located in the upper-left corner of your screen. It will open your navigation menu.
- Alternatively, you can swipe right from the left edge of your screen to open this menu.
- Tap on a server icon on the navigation panel. You will see a list of all your servers on the left-hand side of your screen. Tap on the server you want to use for your channel.
- Find the “TEXT CHANNELS” or “VOICE CHANNELS” heading. These sections will list of all the text and voice chat channels on this server.
- Tap the icon next to TEXT CHANNELS or VOICE CHANNELS. It will open the Create Channel page. This button will let you create a text or voice chat channel on this server.
- You have to be a server admin to create a channel. If you don’t have administrator privileges, you won’t see the “+” icon here.
- Tap on the field.
- Enter a channel name. This will be the name of your new channel on this server.
- Select who can access your chat channel on this server. Under the “WHO CAN ACCESS THIS CHANNEL” heading, tap and check the box next to all the members you want to add to your channel.
- If you don’t have any contacts on this server, this option will appear as @everyone.
- Tap the Save button. It looks like a white floppy disk icon in the lower-right corner of your screen. It will create your text or voice chat channel.
- If you create a text channel, Discord will automatically open your channel on your screen after you tap the white floppy disk icon.
- If you create a voice channel, Discord will open your navigation menu after you tap the white floppy disk icon. Tap on your channel name under the VOICE CHANNELS heading to access your voice channel.